A while ago I ranted about “making money in the Appstore” and that EUR 3,- are too much for an application. Most probably the people reviewing those apps never wrote code on their own… that said, there is a great list of 13 reasons why software is not free… and I could not agree more with Brittany… some of my highlights:
- Software is not easy to create — especially not software that people consider easy to use and attractive. It’s a whole heck of a lot of work, in fact.
- Good software takes somewhere between months and years to create. It’s not something you just whip up in a night like they show you in the movies.
- Software is created by hard working people… like you. Do you get paid for your work?
- People who make software have more to do once your purchase has been made. We are here for you when you run into issues by providing a support team to answer questions, walk you through troubleshooting steps, fix bugs, etc.
- You pay for your clothes, gadgets, your movie tickets, your lunch, your plane ticket, etc. So why not your software?
Read the full 13 reasons here and please think about this before you rant about spending money for software…